Monday, February 05, 2007

Maybe I'll listen to the radio again...

Apparently, there is a new format on the DC radiowaves. WARW 94.7 has changed from classic rock to a new format they are comparing to "WHFS circa 1985". Very interesting, I say (skeptically), but I haven't listened yet. Also, Weasel is staying on as well as a few other DJs, including Cerphe. Oh yea, and they've got some goofy angle where they're promoting themselves as a "green" station and call themselves The Globe. Dunno 'bout all that. I'm all for saving the environment, but that seems a bit over the top. But I guess the question is: does anyone really care about the radio anymore??

I guess at the end of the day, one even halfway decent radio station in the area would be nice. As it is now, we ain't got much. Usually when we listen to the radio, it's either NPR, DC101 (pretty weak), or (the old classic rock) WARW. Wish I could get WRNR, but that doesn't happen too often. Most of the time I'm listening to my mp3 player in my car.

Read all about the new format on Marc Fisher's blog or at dcist.com.

2 comments:

gwadzilla said...

the new music format is very interesting

I love the new play list
I love the variety
I love the selection

but it is a tad suspicious

classic rock was republican rock before
now this global thing?

I like it
but I have my suspicions

Steve said...

I totally agree. It sounds good to me so far (and it's cool that Weasel has the morning slot) but it does seem very suspicious.