Monday, April 30, 2007

Baby Countdown

This past Friday, Liz and I hit the four week mark: four weeks until Baby Arrival. Well, probably not exactly four weeks, but that's all we have to go on.

All is going as planned, and that's easy when you have no plan! Just kidding. This weekend, Liz sorted through her baby shower gifts. That was good because I got to see all the little, tiny baby clothes and other paraphernalia. (Almost lost one sock while transferring it from the washer to the dryer. Those things are small!) We have many clothes in green, yellow, and white, due to the fact that we are not finding out the gender of the baby. But, really, we will know what gender the baby is, so I don't feel I need color cues to help me remember. Although, they say we will be severely sleep-deprived so maybe I'll need another method to help me remember. I could write it down -- on the baby's forehead. Or maybe I could put signs up all over the house. I'll come up with something.

We also put the crib together. Sort of. It appears we're missing some hardware (some friends gave us their crib), but most of it is standing up. We'll get the missing parts from the manufacturer. I feel confident.

So, things are coming along, and we're feeling good (ignorance is bliss I suppose). Now if we could just come up with some names!

No comments: