Saturday, January 26, 2008

Vintage WHFS recordings

My buddy Joe tipped me off about some blogs that have posted vintage recordings of radio shows on WHFS from the '80s and '90s. I haven't yet checked them out, but some look pretty promising -- some for nostalgia sakes and some for the music. I believe (not that it's all that earth-shattering) that DC was able to build and sustain the scene it had in large part due to 'HFS. Without that easy way to access much of the music that was under the radar at the time, it would have been much harder to get the word out. Most people I know from the area who were hip to non-mainstream music in the '70s and '80s were so because of 'HFS.

Here are the links:

WHFS and other great music -- various shows from 'HFS and other stations from mostly late '80s.

Camarillo Brillo -- Weasel show from '83

1 comment:

gwadzilla said...

that is interesting

I fear that these recordings risk showing how bad DC radio is/was

dc
a great town for music
no radio station to reflect that